- Show image
- Add to album
- Delete from album
- Put into shopping cart
The tower began to lean at the beginning of its construction in 1173 because of the marshy ground on which it rests. The inclination had continued to increase each year. On 7 January 1990 construction works to consolidate the foundations began. The inclination was reduced by 40 centimeters, securing the tower for the next 300 years. The monument was opened again for visitors on 15 December 2001.
Lessingimages.com is a photo agency featuring over 40.000 high resolution fine art images from many museums and collections.
We license images covering photography, illustration and fine art for commercial and editorial reproduction in all fields of print and digital publishing.
High resolution scans are available for immediate download from our website.